This page has some Acorn programmes which I maintain or develop. Sometimes the stuff on this page actually changes! Revisit this page from time to time and see what's new (maybe).
Please note: These programmes are developed for the Acorn range of computers, and won't run on PCs or Macs (and yes, I have been asked!)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- PNG Spec The best place to find out about PNG files
- Some sample files A good place to look for PNG files
- !PNG2Spr (76kb)
A program to convert PNG files to Acorn Sprites and vice versa. It can be run from the command line or the desktop. This is v1.33.
- !GenBackDr (16kb)
A program which allows you to take any image (which !ChangeFSI can convert) and set it as your backdrop. All the scaling and processing options of ChangeFSI are available. This version also allows you to drop a whole directory of images onto the icon. Currently v1.13
- !FontMgr2 (130kb)
The Shareware Font Management Utility. This allows you to control which fonts are in your visible in your font menu. It is currently at version 1.20. Warning: This program REQUIRES the nested wimp.
- !DelDynAre (10kb)
This is a brief basic program which allows you to delete dynamic areas in RiscOS 3.5 and above. Note: It has little error checking and is merely there to allow you to delete bits and pieces left over by a program you may have just crashed!
- !Indent (67kb)
This is a port of the GNU indent v 2.2.4. You need the Acorn Frontend module to run this. Read the help file very carefully as well!
Here are some Voyager VIX files and links to some rather useful programs
- VIX file for the command line FTP utility !sFTP, which may be downloaded from Here
- VIX file for the !FreeTime utility, which may be downloaded from Here
- VIX file for the !Pluto mail / newsreader, an evaluation version of which may be downloaded from Here
- VIX file for the !RC5Des Cracker. This updates your RC5 buffers on connection
This Acorn Web Ring site belongs to Tom Tanner
You are visitor number since I started counting on September 15th 1999
Click here to return to our home page
Suggestions for changes, updates and so on are welcome. Please send mail to email@example.com
Created using !Zap and !HTML3 on a StrongArm Risc PC